Kallos Village for Furry RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kallos Village for Furry RP

This is a place for SFW Furry Role Play.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Burning Rabbit (ATTN: Ozzy, Zeb)

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The Burning Rabbit (ATTN: Ozzy, Zeb) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burning Rabbit (ATTN: Ozzy, Zeb) Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:06 pm

Erchon

Erchon
Admin

"Those loves will need to cool for a bit before we can make use of them, Give them a moment while I get some things together.” Iris said as she prepared a basket. Some plates, knives, a crock of butter, cold cuts, and relish. It would be a proper meal shared for the ritual.

Minutes passed as she prepared before returning to the bread. She checked the crust with her claw. “Ready” she said before she finished packing.

It was now quite late, but the performers were still playing in the common room, as the festivities went into the early morning.

“Come,” she said, “you’d best lead us to your family picnic place.”

Ozzy likes this post

https://kallos.forumotion.com

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

28The Burning Rabbit (ATTN: Ozzy, Zeb) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burning Rabbit (ATTN: Ozzy, Zeb) Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:58 pm

Erchon

Erchon
Admin

Erchon followed his friend through the night, both the Green and Silver moons hung in the sky waning and gibbous each.

Even in the moonlight he had a hard time reading Ozzy’s face. He worried about his friend. Not just the curse, but he imagined the panic that would be all too natural for one in with such a mark.

Ere long though the wolf led them to a stream, its current rippling darkly under the starry sky. River worn stones littered the banks, and the stream sang as it rushed over others beneath the flo.

“So...do I pick a random one, or one that ‘calls out to me’ in a sense?” Ozzy asked.

“Random would work, but one that you like would work better.” Erchon said. “You should look at them, touch them. Find one that feels good and looks right to you, or has a quality you might feel friendly toward. A shade should be a friend after all.”

“Let me give you some light,” Erchon said, before raising his lamp, “May the light of the Flame guide you to liberation.” As he offered the Eluthanai blessing the red light of his lamp brightened. Slowly at first, giving the eyes time to adjust, but before long a pool of white daylight filled the space where they stood.

Ozzy likes this post

30The Burning Rabbit (ATTN: Ozzy, Zeb) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burning Rabbit (ATTN: Ozzy, Zeb) Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:26 pm

Erchon

Erchon
Admin

Erchon nodded as Ozzy showed him the smooth river stone, and he let the light of his lamp contract back to only just more than a lamp might naturally offer.

“Yes, the place of offering. It's in the foothills above the sea, not far from where you found me this evening.” He had already planned on making a different kind of ritual for the harvest today, but Ozzy’s need had pushed that aside. Still he hoped the holy day would give power to meet the need.

“Follow,” he said.

The sounds of celebration continued well beyond the middle of the night as small groups moved from inn to inn. The songs of performing bards punctuated the dark as doors opened on still ruckus common rooms.

Erchon led the handful that walked with them along the south edge of Kallos. Beyond in the south lay the moonlit sea, and in the west forested mountains rose at the edge of town.

The trails they followed were familiar to the gnoll man even in the dark. On a night like this the Powers of the Earth were heavy in the air the deeper they walked through the ferned forest. Their warm familiar darkness pressed back on the light of the lamp. Even still the light of the Flame did not dim.

Moss covered standing stones made a semicircle that bordered the clearing around the cave of offering.

“This space is holy,” Erchon said. Normally only gnolls initiated by the Witch of Kallos were allowed beyond these stones, his mother’s roll. Yet she was gone and Erchon couldn’t be sure would survive for her to return.

“Wipe the dust from your feet before entering,” he instructed the others.

After dusting his own feet he walked into the clearing. A deep shadow emanated from the cave and goosebumps covered Erchon as the powers that rested here struck him to the core.

He looked up and smiled. The stars could still be seen though shadow lay thick on the forest so that it seemed only the clearing and the sky existed.

Just at the cave’s yawning maw a pile of rock capped with a broad slate stone formed an altar.

“Help me make a fire on the stone table, Ozzy.” he said at last.

Ozzy likes this post

32The Burning Rabbit (ATTN: Ozzy, Zeb) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burning Rabbit (ATTN: Ozzy, Zeb) Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:16 pm

Erchon

Erchon
Admin

Erchon smiled to see Ozzy’s fire starter. He had been prepared to call the Flame to light the fire, but knowing Ozzy could light it himself was good.

He was confident the ritual would help his friend, but he also knew anything more Ozzy could contribute, the more the ritual would help him.

“That’s good,” Erchon said warmly, gesturing to the flint and steel.

“The wood doesn’t need to be too special, just dry enough to burn. Fallen branches around clearing should do. We don’t need much more than tinder to create a fire which will burn long enough to complete the ritual. I saw some dry firns a little way off, I’ll gather that for kindling, if you can find the wood.”

~~~

While Erchon and Ozzy prepared the fire Iris performed her part in the ritual. From her basket she drew a blanket and spread it on the ground not far from the altar. She set out each of the loaves they had made each with their shared bit of luck. She’d taken special care to note which one was Ozzy’s and set it on its own cloth at the head of the blanket.

In time Erchon returned with the kindling which he formed into an open mound at the left end of the altar.

Ozzy likes this post

34The Burning Rabbit (ATTN: Ozzy, Zeb) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Burning Rabbit (ATTN: Ozzy, Zeb) Sun Aug 18, 2024 12:09 pm

Erchon

Erchon
Admin

The fire cracked pleasantly, and Erchon smiled as he spoke to Ozzy. “It will be well my friend. It is time. Have your loaf and stone ready and kneel before the altar. I will begin the ritual and invoke the Powers of the Earth.

“When I finish you will place your stone on the altar a little ways from the fire, you will then tear a bit from your loaf and set it opposite the fire from the stone. You will ask the stone to share a meal with you in friendship. Tear another small piece from your loaf and eat it before speaking the blessing I taught you back at the inn.”

After he finished his instruction he placed his lamp on the blanket, and drew his belt knife. He directed it toward the edge of the clearing, and turning, traced a circle in the air. “The circle is cast,” he called, then he spoke again in the Infernal tongue, “Ὦ Κράτη τῆς Χθονός, σε εγώ καλλέω.” O Powers of the Earth, I call you, was how it would be understood in the common tongue.

Now Erchon stood next to Ozzy, and nodded. It was time for the wolf to do his part.

OOC: The Infernal text could be transliterated as O Krate tes Chthonos, se ego kalleo. I chose to just write it out in greek since that’s the alphabet Erchon would use to write Infernal.

Ozzy likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum